To get the maximum benefit, dogs need to have therapy twice a week with two-day breaks in between which allows them to recover from the swim session and for the muscles to relax without tensing up before the next session.
Pool sessions tend to be somewhat of a tense experience for pups, which is why we strongly encourage that at least one parent is present inside the pool with their pup throughout the lessons. That way, your baby can feel safer and more ensured now that they’re surrounded with a familiar face.
Definitely! We just ask that you have an introductory class with our DV hydro therapist in order to go over all safety measures and other relevant details so you can make the most of your session. After that, you are free to swim privately with your pooch at Yoda’s Splash.
- All doggies must be evaluated through an initial rehab/hydro or fitness consultation to make sure that they are safe to swim before they use the pool.
- Pet parents are asked not to feed their pups at least two hours prior to the appointment and to wait one hour after therapy before feeding.
- Please keep in mind that pet parents should ensure their legged kids have relieved themselves prior to swimming. In the case that your pup defecates, we reserve the right to charge $200 to your account as the pool must be shut down for disinfection.
- Prior to using our pool, all furry clients must be relatively clean; have well-trimmed nails and be brushed, especially if they are shedding. If required, a self-serve shower station is available. Also, our groomers at Chlóe’s Spaw can do nail trims on a walk-in basis or bathing by appointment.
- At the end of your pooch’s swim, it is important for doggies to be properly dried to prevent illness, further deterioration of the affected area (e.g. arthritis) and to prevent muscles from seizing up. You can use DV Doggie towels and the self-serve dry station. We suggest bringing towels for your car and/or a pup jacket during colder months.
- Pet parents are responsible for the safety and well-being of their best friends and themselves while in and out of the pool. The Paw Crew is on hand to answer questions and provide guidance as required.
- Stimulates, strengthens and relaxes the body.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Increases overall energy levels.
- Reduces pain and stress in your pup.
- Increases circulation, ideal for skin & coat.
- Rids the body of toxins.
- Improves the immune system.
- Promotes better digestion.
At Yoda’s Splash we offer hydrotherapy for rehabilitation and fitness purposes. All sessions last an average of 60 minutes.
Rehabilitation is ideal for pre/post-surgery, injuries and aging buddies. In this case a referral form from a veterinary is mandatory. We also offer health and wellness therapies including Energy Healing, Light Therapy, Acupressure and Herbal Therapy.
Fitness, on the other hand, is ideal for working out, overcoming obesity and to simply have fun next to your tail-wagging pal. Feel free to contact us if you require more information about any of our services.